For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Perfectly seasoned and marianted barbecue.
|6 tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|2 tablespoons rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/3 cup shallot, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced, peeled|
|1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|3 cups chicken, pork or beef, (cooked, pulled, your preference)|
|1 cup Asian barbecue sauce|
- Stir together all the ingredients except the sugar in a bowl.
- Cook sugar in a dry heavy saucepan over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until the sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel.
- Tilt the pan and carefully pour in the hoisin mixture (caramel will harden and steam vigorously).
- Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the caramel is dissolved and the sauce is thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Mix together the meat and sauce and warm in a skillet.
- Serve on slider rolls, sliced baguette or by itself.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >