For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Potato-Crusted Haddock Fillets
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Light, flavorful and low in fat!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled|
|1 pound russet potatoes, peeled|
|1/4 cup low-fat milk|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges,for garnish|
|1 teaspoon tarragon|
|to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 haddock fillets, halved|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; transfer garlic to a glass baking dish. Roast garlic until golden and soft, about 30 minutes, stirring several times throughout the cooking time.
- While garlic roasts, steam potatoes until soft; transfer to a large bowl and mash. Place roasted garlic, potatoes and milk into a food processor; puree.
- Add lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper to food processor; blend. Preheat broiler.
- Place fillets in a single layer in a baking dish; cover each fillet evenly with pureed potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining lemon juice generously over each fillet.
- Broil until opaque throughout and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.