For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Potato-Crusted Haddock Fillets
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Light, flavorful and low in fat!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled|
|1 pound russet potatoes, peeled|
|1/4 cup low-fat milk|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges,for garnish|
|1 teaspoon tarragon|
|to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 haddock fillets, halved|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; transfer garlic to a glass baking dish. Roast garlic until golden and soft, about 30 minutes, stirring several times throughout the cooking time.
- While garlic roasts, steam potatoes until soft; transfer to a large bowl and mash. Place roasted garlic, potatoes and milk into a food processor; puree.
- Add lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper to food processor; blend. Preheat broiler.
- Place fillets in a single layer in a baking dish; cover each fillet evenly with pureed potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining lemon juice generously over each fillet.
- Broil until opaque throughout and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >