For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Full-flavored Southwest Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
One bowl is enough for even the hungriest person.
|4 oz sausage, (cut into slices)|
|4 oz ham, (cooked, cut into bite-size pieces)|
|1/2 cup celery, (diced)|
|30 oz beans, (ranch-style)|
|1 cup onion, (diced)|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 cup white rice|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|20 oz tomatoes, (diced)|
- Pour olive oil into a sauce pan, heat on medium setting.
- Place green pepper, celery and onion in pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sauté for additional minute and then add in sausage, rice and ham. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir ingredients frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, add in chicken broth and tomatoes, sprinkle in thyme. Bring saucepan to a boil and then turn down heat. Place lid on top and let simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the beans after cooking, stir, heat and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >