For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pan Seared Tomato and Basil Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Healthy, simple and entirely satisfying.
|4 tablespoons butter|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
|2 cups chopped tomatoes|
|2 chicken breasts|
|Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste|
|1/2 cup chopped basil|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1 package pasta, your preference|
|Water, for boiling|
- Fill a pot with water. Bring pot to a boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to your pan, bring to medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add chicken. After about 5 minutes, the chicken will be ready to flip.
- Add chopped tomatoes, basil, butter, minced garlic, salt and black pepper to create sauce. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium and move the cooked chicken to a cutting board, let sit for a few minutes. Add pasta to bowls. dice the chicken and add to pasta. Drizzle tomato basil sauce over chicken and top with Parmesan cheese.