For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Thai Curry Beef
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A simple and tasty Thai dish that's great any night of the week.
|1 lb. top sirloin, top round or flank steak, (cut 3/4" to 1" thick)|
|4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste|
|1 cup coconut milk, (unsweetened)|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|6 cups stir-fry vegetable blend|
|Jasmine rice, (cooked, optional)|
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8" to 1/4" thick strips. Combine 3 teaspoons red curry paste and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Whisk coconut milk and remaining 1 to 2 teaspoons red curry paste in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt, as desired; keep warm.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable blend; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return beef to skillet; cook and stir until beef is heated through, about 1 minute. Serve over rice, if desired.