For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cajun Shrimp Casserole
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
An irresistible Cajun seafood feast.
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 red onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper|
|1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper|
|1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 cups sliced fresh okra|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 can cream of shrimp soup, 11 oz.|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|3 cups cooked long-grain rice|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, add red onion, and bell peppers. Saute for 7 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for an additional minute.
- Stir in okra, lemon juice, and salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 4 minutes. Add cream of shrimp soup, white wine, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and rice. Stir ingredients together until blended well.
- Pour ingredients into the baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until casserole is bubbling and cheese is lightly browned.
|Cooking Method:||Stove, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >