Posted: Tuesday, February 18th, 2020
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares, cuts, wraps, weighs, tares, prices and presents Deli department products
- Take and make sandwich orders
- Check products for quality, count, and condition
- Take stock to storage or shelf areas
- Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise.
- Verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered
- Open cartons and price, display, store or break down items according to established Procedures and Policies
- Keep Manager aware of low inventory conditions or spoilage problems
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods
- Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Greet and thank all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have strong good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to take and give direction, participating in a team environment
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers, taking special orders and answering phones
- Have and maintain Food Safety certification. Also ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment
Work Hours: Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays.
Work Location: One location
Pay frequency: Every week
Benefits (Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits):
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Schedules
- Store discount for you and one other family member in your household
EEO/AAP Statement: Frazier Farms Market is an EEO/AAP employer; all business decisions (employment, promotions, compensation, etc) are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.