La Mesa, CA
Posted: Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, trimming, storing, price marking, and restocking products to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
- Price and display product in cases as directed by the Department Manager.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise including taste, preparation method, or use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g. Different types of apples, potatoes, etc.).
- Assist in checking and verifying Produce Department receiving when required
- Take received and prepared products to refrigerated storage, shelf, and display areas
- Control department expenses and utilize energy conservation practices
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and refuse as needed, and being able to operate a baler and compactor.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, and price marking, scaling, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Keep display cases and other merchandising areas stocked and signed; display merchandise in an attractive, appealing, neat and colorful manner.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between various types of produce and related merchandise including taste, seasonality, preparation method, or use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products (i.e. Different types of apples, potatoes, etc.)
- Control freshness, quality and temperature of the product by following safe food handling procedures.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by the department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong communication skills
- Produce experience
- Ability to multi-task, manage time wisely
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
The work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Work Hours: Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays.
Work Location: One location
Pay frequency: Every week
Benefits (Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits):
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) Retirement savings plans with a generous company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Schedules
- Store discount for you and one other family member in your household
EEO/AAP Statement: Frazier Farms Market is an EEO/AAP employer; all business decisions (employment, promotions, compensation, etc) are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.