La Mesa, CA
Posted: Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets and takes orders from customers
- Follows established department procedures for receiving and unloading incoming shipments, pricing the product and stocking cases to ensure quality, protection, accuracy and proper rotation of product in the cases and cooler
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment to ensure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the company and mandated by state, federal, and OSHA regulations
- Ensures compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures and labeling laws
- Cuts, trays, and packages all of the required meat and seafood products required for the day.
- Maintains proper safety practices and care while using all the cutting accessories available in the meat department; complies with the use of mesh gloves while using a knife.
- Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock and assuring tags match products.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- 1+ years meat cutter experience
- 2+ years grocery retail experience in Meat department processes and procedures
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction
- Strong communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Ability to perform repetitious activities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Work Hours: Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays.
Work Location: One location
Pay frequency: Every week
Benefits (Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits):
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) Retirement savings plans with a generous company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Schedules
- Store discount for you and one other family member in your household
EEO/AAP Statement: Frazier Farms Market is an EEO/AAP employer; all business decisions (employment, promotions, compensation, etc) are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.