For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Butter Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 |
The perfect amount of sweet and nutty.
|1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon grated orange peel|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 1/4 cups flour|
|3/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Place pecans and sugar in a blender, pulse until pecans are finely ground.
- Place butter and pecan-sugar mixture in a mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to cream together until butter is fluffy. Add vanilla, orange peel and egg yolk and beat together on low speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined. Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough until thin and flat. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet. Gather up scraps, reroll the dough and cut out cookies in same manner until you have 36 cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should be golden. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >