For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Seasoned Carne Asada Burrito
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
One of the tastiest homemade burritos.
|1 lb beef skirt steak|
|2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt, more for seasoning steak|
|1 teaspoon ancho chile powder|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, more for seasoning steak|
|2 teaspoons chile powder|
|1 cup cooked rice|
|4 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed|
|Shredded Jack cheese, for topping|
|Salsa, for topping|
|Olive oil, for coating steak|
- Bring a skillet to medium heat.
- Combine chipotle chile powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, ancho chile powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and chile powder in a small bowl.
- Liberally season skirt steak with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over steak strips. Rub the oil into the steak.
- Sprinkle the chile powder mix over steak. Rub seasoning in, coat evenly.
- Place steak into the hot skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until browned. Remove the steak from the skillet and wrap in aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes in the foil. Reduce heat to low on the skillet.
- Remove steak from the foil and cut into strips.
- Spoon cooked rice in the center of the warmed flour tortillas. Top rice with steak strips. Spoon salsa over steak and top with shredded cheese. Wrap and fold tortilla to make the burrito. Place burritos into the skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side.
|Main Ingredient:||Skirt Steak|
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >