For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Texas-Sized Brunch with Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A hearty cornbread that can feed even the hungriest person.
|1 loaf cornbread|
|3 cups Cheddar cheese, (shredded)|
|8 oz bacon|
|6 green onions, (chopped)|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups milk|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Fill a medium with water, place in eggs and bring to a boil. Cook 10-12 minutes. Discard water and peel boiled eggs. Chop in to small chunks.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, cook until crispy. Place on paper towel, once cool crumble bacon in small pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Pour in flour and whisk together, pour in milk and whisk until thickened.
- Add in 2 cups cheese, and eggs. Stir together then add salt, sour cream, pepper and cayenne. Stir all ingredients together, keep warm.
- Slice cornbread into 6 pieces. Spoon on a large portion of warm ingredients onto each cornbread slice. Top off with back, remaining cheese and green onion.
|Course:||Brunch, breakfast, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >