For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Diabetic-Friendly Apple Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie |
So simple, so sweet and so easy to make!
|1 can unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed|
|2 pre-made pie shells|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|6 cups sliced Fuji apples|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate, cinnamon and cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
- Pour remaining apple juice concentrate in a saucepan. Add apples and simmer for 10 minutes. Once apples are tender, add cornstarch mixture. Continue to simmer and stir until thickened.
- Place 1 pie shell in pie pan. Press in gently.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie shell. Cover with second pie shell, flute edges and cut vents into top.
- Place pie in oven, bake for 45 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >