For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Harvest Pumpkin Bread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Get into the Autumn baking spirit.
|1 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup margarine|
|1/4 cup applesauce|
|1 cup pumpkin puree|
|2 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup raisins|
|1 teaspoon grated orange rind|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan or coat with vegetable spray.
- Beat sugar, margarine, and applesauce until creamy and light (about 5 minutes). Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat. Add pumpkin and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir into pumpkin mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add raisins, orange rind, orange juice and nuts (optional). Stir well and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. You can test for doneness by sticking a wooden pick into loaf. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >