For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Harvest Pumpkin Bread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Get into the Autumn baking spirit.
|1 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup margarine|
|1/4 cup applesauce|
|1 cup pumpkin puree|
|2 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup raisins|
|1 teaspoon grated orange rind|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan or coat with vegetable spray.
- Beat sugar, margarine, and applesauce until creamy and light (about 5 minutes). Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat. Add pumpkin and mix until smooth.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir into pumpkin mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add raisins, orange rind, orange juice and nuts (optional). Stir well and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes. You can test for doneness by sticking a wooden pick into loaf. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.