For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Rib Roast with Herb Crust
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
This juicy roast takes very little effort to prepare.
|2 teaspoons prepared horseradish|
|2 tablespoons sour cream|
|Coarse salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 cup fresh breadcrumbs|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary and sage|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|3 lb. rib roast|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix together horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl and then season with salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and olive oil and then season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season roast with salt and black pepper; place roast in skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board; spread horseradish mixture onto one side of roast and then top roast with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to make it stick. Return roast to skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook roast for about 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 140 degrees F (medium-rare).
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
|Main Ingredient:||Rib-eye Roast, Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >