Posted: Monday, October 26th, 2020
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate and support the team with huddles, product knowledge, corporate policies and procedures and Health and Safety
- Manage a variety of departments; Grocery, Dairy, and Beer/Wine, ensuring results in a positive shopping experience for customers
- Development of the team by supporting the training, coaching and recognition while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and trust
- Floor support and supervision, including serving customers, merchandising and rotation, breaks and general department cleanliness
- Ability to learn manual and automated systems/tools
- Keep all grocery products in display cases, coolers and freezers rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first
- Cleans and organizes grocery area as well as walk-in and freezer
- Responsible for ordering, vendor communications, compliance and sanitation, back room inventory, and controls, and management of workplace and department safety, as well as reporting, financial control, and budget responsibilities
- Building displays and ordering weekly advertised items
- Able to learn, follow and enforce company policies, Produce procedures and sanitation guidelines
- Control costs by constantly monitoring and improving Grocery, Dairy, and Beer/Wine operations to increase profitability
- Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise
- Take stock to storage or shelf areas
- Open cartons and price, display, store or break down items according to established Procedures and Policies
- Keep Store Directors informed of low inventory conditions or spoilage problems
Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods
Requirements & Qualifications
- Be at least 18 years of age
- 2+ years of retail experience.
- 2+ years of management experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with natural foods and alternative diets preferred
- Have strong and clear communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to take and give direction, participating in a team environment.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Possess a proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff, while possessing a working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals
- Have a strong focus on detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have strong organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Work Hours: Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays.
Work Location: One location
Pay frequency: Every week
Benefits (Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits):
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) Retirement plan with a generous company match
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Schedules
- Store discount for you and one other family member in your household
EEO/AAP Statement: Frazier Farms Market is an EEO/AAP employer; all business decisions (employment, promotions, compensation, etc) are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.