For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
No Bake Apple Cobbler
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Filet Mignon Marinated In Burgundy Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A steak that should be enjoyed and savored.
|8 filet mignon fillets|
|2 cups oyster sauce|
|1/2 cup butter|
|4 cups Burgundy wine, plus more for butter mixture|
|1 tablespoon green onion, minced|
|1 1/2 cups canola oil|
|1 tablespoon shallots|
|1 1/2 cups soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon ground white pepper|
|1 1/2 teaspoons oregano|
|1 tablespoon garlic, minced|
- Combine soy sauce, oregano, Burgundy wine, oyster sauce, garlic and canola oil in a saucepan. Bring pan ingredients to a boil, then remove from heat and place in refrigerator for an hour.
- Separate filet mignon fillets in a large baking dish, pour chilled Burgundy sauce over each fillet. Place aluminum foil over the top of the dish and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of Burgundy wine with butter. Mix together evenly, add in green onions, white pepper and shallots. Cover with foil and refrigerate also.
- Heat grill to high heat and also preheat oven to 200° F.
- Place fillets on grill, cook until desired doneness is reached. Flip only once. Remove from grill and place fillets in baking dish. Put a spoonful of Burgundy butter on each fillet and bake until butter is melted.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >