For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Easy BBQ Beef Sandwiches
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Easy Homemade Pretzel Sticks
Rate this Recipe
Serves 32 |
Ditch the store bought variety for these tasty nibbles.
|1 packet dry yeast|
|1 3/4 cups warm water|
|Egg wash, (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water)|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|Water, (for boiling)|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|4 1/2 cups flour|
|Sea salt, (for topping)|
- In a standing mixer, combine yeast, warm water, sugar and kosher salt. Stir ingredients together gently with a spoon for 15 seconds. Let sit for 5 minutes. (Ingredients should foam up) Once foamy, add flour to mixture and mix with dough hook.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead for 6 minutes.
- Pour small amount of vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Coat bowl evenly. Place dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place bowl in warm area and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush four baking sheets with vegetable oil.
- Fill a large pot half way with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cut dough into eight equal pieces. Then cut each dough section into 4 pieces. Roll into 14-inch sticks. (32 sticks total)
- Place 6 sticks into boil water. Cook for 30 seconds. Place on baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel stick with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place baking sheets into oven and bake for 50 minutes.
|Cooking Method:||Bake, Boil|
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >