For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Skillet-Cooked Steak Fajitas
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
You can't go wrong with steak fajitas.
|1 lb. flank steak, trimmed of fat|
|2 teaspoons chili powder|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper strips|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper strips|
|2 cups sliced onion|
|4 flour tortillas, 8-inch|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|Salsa, for serving|
- Cut steak into thin strips, slicing diagonally across the grain.
- Place steak, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, ground red pepper, salt and black pepper in a heavy-duty plastic bag; seal shut then turn to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil in skillet. Add steak, bell peppers and onion to skillet and sauté until steak is done, about 6 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven.
- When steak is finished cooking, remove from heat then spritz with lime juice. Evenly divide steak mixture atop warmed tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs then serve with sour cream and salsa.
|Main Ingredient:||Flank Steak, Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >